Sunday, October 10, 2010

Technologic


Like the baby in this picture, Americans are too dependent on technology. After watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, I realized how much I rely on my phone and my car. If those important “necessities” ever shut down or suddenly wanted to kill me, I would freak out and only worry about my technology than the rest of the world and it’s horrific problems. Then after reading Malcolm’s rant in Jurassic Park about how science is raping the natural world, it made me open my eyes to how corrupt our society is in the future as being technology everywhere and no one wants to mention the dangerous risks to using it. There are some benefits of technology in emergency situations and for medical purposes, but when it comes to entertainment, Americans don’t even bother to go outside for fresh air, they would rather play video games or keep up on their Facebook pages.
What would happen if all of our technology necessities suddenly disappeared? Would we have more healthy lifestyles or try to recreate our prized possessions? I believe that someone, maybe me, will soon step up and say enough is enough and that we need to start becoming a healthier future.

No comments:

Post a Comment