Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sandkings

One of the most horrifying stories I have ever read, Sandkings by George R.R. Martin was freakishly amazing. His details about the sandkings eating dead bodies and morphing into human form made me squirm and constantly itch. I have a fear of bugs crawling on me during the night and this story will surely give me nightmares. Martin's main character, Simon Kess, also made me hallucinate a little bit. Since I am so terrified of creepy crawlers, I could put myself in Kess' position and witness the horrific events. 
What was very interesting to me also was Martin's futuristic "tools". For example the skimmer which was a hovering car and skinthins which I still do not understand what they are, were things that I noticed. In the beginning of the story I wasn't very interested in Kess' animals so I suddenly dozed off (as always when I read any book). But once I started getting into it and trying to understand it, let's just say that I am still itching.

No comments:

Post a Comment